Movie Release Date: March 2nd, 2012
Directed By: Paul Weitz
Starring: Paul Dano, Robert De Niro, Julianne Moore
Working in a Boston homeless shelter, Nick Flynn re-encounters his father, a con man and self-proclaimed poet. Sensing trouble in his own life, Nick wrestles with the notion of reaching out yet again to his dad. – imdb.com
Book Release Date: September 2004
Originally Published as: Another Bullshit Night In Suck City
Written By: Nick Flynn
Nick Flynn met his father for the third time when he was twenty-seven years old, working as a caseworker in a homeless shelter in Boston. As a teenager he”d received letters from this stranger, a self-proclaimed poet and con man doing time in federal prison for bank robbery. Nick, his own life precariously unsettled, was living alternately in a ramshackle boat and in a warehouse that was once a strip joint. In bold, dazzling prose, “Another Bullshit Night in Suck City” (a phrase Flynn senior uses to describe his life on the streets) tells the story of two lives and the trajectory that led Nick and his father into that homeless shelter, onto those streets, and finally to each other. – From ‘Norton’ book jacket
Other Versions of the Book Cover:
Interesting facts about the book and/or movie:
- Nick Flynn is a playwright and poet. He wrote this book while he was a social worker during the 1980s.
- The title of the book originally (Another Bullshit Night in Suck City) refers to Jonathan’s homeless night in Boston.
- Flynn received an award from 2004 PEN International and he was also shortlisted for the Prix Femina.
- This book has been translated in 13 languages.
- Twentieth Century Fox acquired rights for this book in 2007 and filming of this movie started in 2010.
Please leave a comment if this video does NOT work anymore!